James C. Hastings - (301)793-8547
Bachelor of Science - UMBC - Graduating January 2020
- Software Engineering CMSC447 - Developed and documented a software project for Russ Cain, our staff customer for the final Project. Contact the Computer Sciece Department at UMBC about him - (410)455-3500.
- We modified an open sourced program called the Parable of Polygons. Participate in the Parable of Polygons yourself, the program we extended at www.ncase.me/polygons/. It is a demonstration of the importance of anti-bias.
- Object Oriented Programming CMSC375 - Developed a Therapy Patient app for Ursinus psychology professor. It may be found on the Google play store under the name, "TherAppist."
Technica Corporation - Independent Research and Development - June 2013 to January 2019
- Machine Vision Development on the ESP32, on the MNIST dataset. Used the open sourced project for embedded Binary Neural Networks (eBNN). It is listed on Github by the user, "Kunglab."
- Cross Compiling for MIPS architecture microcontrollers, for Edge Machine Learning. The original code is listed on the official Microsoft Github account under the name, "EdgeML."
- Community Detection Algorithms - Modularity and Metric Analysis. This project is also on GitHub under the name, "Circulo."
- Co-Developed Blockchain-protected IoT Application, using the framework called Hyperledger. I have aquired a Coursera certificate for developing with this framework
- C++ Programming based on Research Article descriptions. Wrote Out of Core Solution for the GPU Sorting Algorithm, "GPUMemSort."
- SIMD programming experience: I studied and tested a parallelized compression scheme called FastPFor. However, the Company's Nibble compression algorithm was more efficient.
- OpenACC and CUDA training from NVIDIA hosted on their, "Quiklabs," webiste.
Android App Development - Game Companions & Self Improvement Programs
I have developed the following apps with the purpose of making some of my favorite classic games more conveenient to play:
- Ultima VII Two-Way Runic & Ophidian Alphabet Translator
- Ultima Underworld I & II Runic Spellbook
- Might and Magic VII Atlas & Trainer Locator
I have made the following apps for everyday use:
- Customizable Holiday Card
- Triangular Breathing Aid
All of these apps are available on Google Play under my username, "Jaystings."
Updated 1-17-2019. email@example.com